On Saturday 16th April 2016, Ishin Ryu Ju Jitsu as an organisation was nominated for an award “Association of the Year” in early February it was confirmed that we were in the top three. The Founder and Chief instructor , Soke Kevin Pell, his black belts, senior grades and Mac Robertson Shihan (A great friend to our organisation) made their way to the Lilleshall Hall National Sports Centre, Sheriffhales, Newport to attend these awards.
With the evening going in spectacular form and everyone enjoying the evening with fun and laughter. There were lots of awards being giving out for great achievements but nothing to amazing as Ishin Ryu Ju Jitsu being awarded “ASSOCIATION OF THE YEAR” Congratulations to Ishin Ryu Ju Jitsu and Soke Kevin Pell for this award.
In the month of April, students have been working hard for their upcoming gradings that are scheduled for Saturday 25th June 2016. Each week most students attend twice a week to perfect all that is needed.
Sempai Patrick Davis and his son, Daniel Davis are back training regular after a few weeks dose of sickness – great to see both back on the mat fighting fit! Osu!
On 29th/30th May 2016, Sempai Sam Gladdy will be attempting his Shodan grading (Black Belt) which will be a two-day gruelling exam. Sempai Sam has been working very hard and making regular visits to Honbu to show his commitment. With only a few weeks to go and a test that he will never forget, Sempai Sam has mentally and physically prepared himself for this day.
Sempai Sam, from myself, your fellow senior grades and students we would like to wish you the very best of luck and I look forward to letting everyone know how you got on next month. Osu!
Tips and advice for the Month
- When entering or leaving the dojo, always face the front, bow and say “Osu”
- When late for class, kneel facing the instructor at the edge of the dojo floor, wait to be called into class.
- Do not eat, chew gun, smoke or drink in the dojo.
- Do not remove any part of your GI during training without being told to do so.
- Never practice unless an instructor is present.
- Do not leave your position without permission from the instructor.
- Address your instructor as Sempai, Sensei or Shihan as the case may be.
- Do not address an instructor by their first name in class (or outside of it either).
- Do not swear, laugh, giggle, talk, lounge or act inattentively during training.
- Your GI must be washed and neat.
- Turn away from the front of class to adjust your GI.
- For the sake of safety and neatness, do not wear jewellery.
- Keep your toenails and fingernails cut short.
- Be sure to go to the toilet prior to training.
- Avoid eating for at least one hour before class starts.
- Acknowledge all instructions with a strong “Osu”
Please could you follow these guidelines.
A.T.W (Advance training Wing) has now being moved to a Saturday so please visit the website for details on timings.
On Sunday 22nd May 2016, we have the Children’s Championships when students from all over the country will compete to obtain the title “British National Champion” in their weight Category; this will be a fantastic day – if you offered to help out on the day please remember its federation dress code and if you haven’t quite reached the grade to have federation dress then a suit will qualify. Sensei Tom Garvin and myself are taking names, so if you wish to help out please come see either of us in class.
Please visit our website www.ishinryu.com as much as possible as I submit reports every month about the students training during the previous month. This is a great opportunity to see if you have been mentioned or appear in a photo.
We also have the new calendar page where you can have a look at upcoming events so you can plan ahead. You can also leave feedback on each of the reports or comment on your son/daughters club and share them to your Facebook pages.
If you have any questions or you are unsure of anything, please catch me at the club where I will be happy to help!
If you are on Facebook, please can you send me and Kevin Pell a friend request so if we need to pass on information quickly I can contact you, and when the reports go up I can share it to your Facebook page so you get it straight away…